One of many sales management challenges is ensuring you have people in the right seats on the ship.
When you foster accountability frameworks in your sales organization, it teaches you so much about your people. How do you know if you have hired the right salespeople? It’s not as difficult as it might seem.
The wrong salespeople:
- Push back during 1:1s, or worse yet, schedule calls during the recurring timeslot
- Make constant excuses for lack of performance
- Deflect questions about how you can help them improve, and
- Blame things they can’t control instead of controlling what they can
The right salespeople:
- Look forward to 1:1s – it’s their time to brag & they come prepared
- Push the limits of their own performance & what can be done
- Focus on the controllable & consistently control it
- Actively control their pipeline & don’t let it control them, and
- Make & keep their commitments
It’s challenging to address the wrong salespeople when they’re already on your team.
It’s much easier to hire the right people instead.