With Topaz, we want our clients to have a competitive edge in the marketplace. Therefore, we provide a philosophy and process the entire company can get around in sales. The Advantage, by Patrick Lencioni, talks about the power of that alignment. It is about building, leveraging, and aligning an organization’s resources and people. Many companies lack trust in each other. The Advantage helps you understand and create a functional organization while improving communication. As a result, a functioning team has an aligned and competitive advantage.
Publisher Summary: What is the most unexploited opportunity in modern business? The answer is to attack an organization’s root causes of dysfunction, politics, and confusion. If leadership team members can rally around clear answers to the following fundamental questions, they will drastically increase the likelihood of creating a healthy organization. Here are the six questions:
- Why do we exist?
- How do we behave?
- What do we do?
- How will we succeed?
- What is most important right now?
- Who must do what?
Key Takeaways from The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Organizational health can last with a sustainable culture shift underscored by solid leadership, recognized values, and a defined purpose.
- A company needs to know its purpose, and Lencioni asserts that all organizations exist to improve people’s lives.
- A question all organizations should ask themselves first and frequently: “How do we contribute to a better world?”
- Close-knit leaders are the first step to building a healthy organization. A good leadership team should be small (3-10 people), with five core ingredients: trust, constructive conflict, commitment, accountability, and results.
About the Author
Patrick Lencioni, the author of numerous best-selling business fables, draws here upon his twenty years of writing, field research, and executive consulting to create a work of actionable advice and an invaluable hands-on tool.